Secrets of Living a Longer Life
Most people do not think of age as a hindrance. For them, age is just a number that we count every year.
But will this opinion be changed when one reaches the age of 60, 70 or 80? Will you still have the enthusiasm to live your life even if you will choose to stay in an assisted living facility in Clovis California? Or will life just mean waiting for the next dose of one’s prescribed drug for the medication?
Life, as Bella Care Home opines, is so unpredictable. Nobody knows where the next years will bring us. No one knows what will happen to us in the next coming years. Hence, for most among the ageing population, health becomes more valuable.
Let’s live longer
When an elderly is welcomed in our assisted living facility in Clovis California, our goal is to make their lives easier and longer. But the following tips aren’t just applicable to the older population, but also the youth.
- Choose a healthy lifestyle.
- Don’t smoke. But if you’re smoking right now give up smoking.
- Eat the right kind of food every day.
- Practice good hygiene.
- Reduce and learn to manage the stressors that affect your life.
- Stay physically active by doing some regular exercise like walking, jogging, gardening or even yoga at least 150 minutes per week.
- Be optimistic.
- Take safety precautions.
- Always follow what your health care provider instructs you and have a regular check-up.
- Be active in your community and participate in activities.
- Always know your sense of purpose in life.
- Try to keep your sense of humor.
- Always find time to talk to your family and friends.
- Stay mentally active.
- Breath fresh air every day.
- Stop drinking soda. Instead, choose water.
- Be updated of the immunizations available for elders and do health screening annually.
- Get a regular dental, hearing and vision check-up.
- Apply some sunscreen protection and moisturizers.
- Always have an adequate sleep regularly.
Yes, the list is lengthy. But isn’t it just enough precautions for you to live long as well?
Bella Care Home advocates these habits to improve everybody’s way of living. We never want you to suffer. In fact, one of the visions we have in our assisted living facility in Clovis California is: to preserve the health, safety and dignity of our residents at Bella Care Home.